Saturday, July 16, 2011

It all started with a girl named Keiyoko...

The date is sometime in May of 2010. I had been searching sites for Dollfies or what I now know to be called BJD's. I came across some fabulous sites with amazing dolls, but not too many that I could rightly afford. And then there was Ebay....ah the evilness of Ebay. That is where I found her, she was at a very low cost and I figured I couldn't pass her up. She was an Obitsu 60cm girl with an additional Haruka head included. Before I knew what happened the minutes were passing by the auction was almost over and I hit the button. Weeks later she arrived at my door.

After receiving her I took a few photos to place on FB...this was before I knew anything about box opening photo stories and such. So here are a few photos of when I first received her.






I sent her shortly afterwards off to a friend of mine for a face up and body blushing. And recieved her back and did a re box opening:





Unfortunelty after receiving my resinsoul dolls in that time and not having Keiyoko for so long, I did not feel very attached to her and thought maybe I should sell her and rehome her in a Dollfie Dream body. Of course this decision was enticed by the fact that I had gone to a doll meet and saw a Dollfie in person. So I sold her body and blank anime head and found a DDII (dollfie dream 2) body in white and anticipated its arrival. Needless to say I should have done research and realized that the Obitsu white and DDII white are not a match...sigh...but here is a short little box opening on her body.






5-16-2011: At this time I'm really uncertain what I am going to do with this girl or the body...mayhap try and blush the head lighter? or sell her fabulous head and get a DDII head or sell the body and find another Obitsu body. My last option is to just let her entire body/head go and reshell her in the Obitsu 50cm body or even another Resinsoul.

7-16-2011: Well I did actually end up selling her off about a month ago...I felt kinda of bad her being my first doll and my friend having done such fabulous job on her faceup. Shortly after selling her I found a 60cm Obitsu Yamato, now really wish I had kept her head..lol..she would have been perfect on this body (see box opening for Rin Chou). Ah well Some day maybe I'll get another.

No comments:

Post a Comment